Monday, February 1, 2010

LEXAPRO

I saw my doctor the other day. I was so happy to be in to visit with him (he had been my doctor in the past but then our insurance didn't have him in their plan so I had to switch and just found out he was back in our plan recently).
He took a lot of time talking to me about what's happening; Bob, the cancer, the treatments, my jobs, my schedule, my weight (boo), Brendon's heart condition, etc.

His conclusion...I'm not crazy, however, I am suffering from a bit of depression and anxiety. So, he gave me Lexapro. I have to say that I don't know if it's working or not, but I have been sleeping better this past week and I am a little calmer. If that's from the Lexapro, or from having confirmation that at this point and time I am allowed to have a bit of depression and anxiety and it's perfectly natural to feel like I am feeling and therefore I don't feel as anxious about how I'm feeling, I can't say. However, I am thankful to be feeling a little better.

Saturday I had the retreat for the class that I teach at church, while my husband and his sister got to go to Skokie and meet Ozzy and have their books signed. I'm a little sad that I wasn't able to go. However, I am thrilled that he got to meet Ozzy, who, as he said, no matter where he was in life, or what was going on, there has always been an Ozzy song that described his feelings.

That's about it...chemo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment